Sunday, May 01, 2005

You haven't seen Star Wars? You guys need lives!

I need to stop being so impulsive. I think impulsiveness is possibly one of the biggest problems all of us are having right now. That and total lack of communication. I need to work on that too. So, for now on I'm not going to hold back on my tongue, because that's what caused me so much frustration with certain people and what continues to cause me frustration.

You want to know something ironic? I very rarely get mad, like, seriously mad. Usually when people think I'm mad it's frustration or just hurt. The little tantrum I threw on Thursday was totally out of frustration and confusion. I don't think any of you have ever seen me ACTUALLY mad. Possibly just touches of mad, but not pure unadulterated anger.

Anyhoo, it was so awesome today. I watched the CES fireside on BYU-TV and if any of you have dish and missed it, shame on you! It was so awesome! I won't say I enjoyed it (any of you that watched it know why I won't say that) and the talks were directed basically toward older singles (I told my mom three or four times that if he was directing this talk to sixteen to eighteen year olds he would have said the opposite, that 'hanging out' was the best thing to do and 'dating' should be in moderation.) but it was still really cool. Elder Oaks talked about how we need to find balance in all things and how impulsiveness was spiritually damaging. I remember this one comment he made about one of the Presidents of the Church. He said the President was concerned when they decided to build a temple in Provo because he was afraid the students would attend the temple so often that they would disregard their school work. This took my dad by surprise but I made a comment I had thought about a lot lately. It was "the youth of this world could establish so much good and do so many service projects if we just didn't have to go to school."

Anyway, I'm going to go shower now, and then do my homework, which I am quite depressed that I have to do on Sunday. But what we did last night was worth it. Seriously, as Maegan said, It's something we're going to remember forever. Or at least until I get really old and totally lose my mind.

Okay, time for congratulations (and good luck, Annalicia!). Good Job Raage, as long as no Canooks beat you, it's all good. Nice playing Bern, Annalicia told me you ripped it up. Nicely done both Annalicia and Steven, fourth apparently is the cool place to get since you both came in there. Did I miss anyone? Probably. um...OH YEAH! Good job Mr. Vice President Harris. I swear I voted for you...;)

Okay, SERIOUSLY I'm going to shower now!

-Jillian Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fanks!