Sunday, May 22, 2005

Says Kyle with the mint julep face mask on "I AM THE MASK!"

Big River is finally over! Not that I'm not glad or anything (weird, double-negative...) I'm going to miss it a bit - though watching Tristan's abnormally long toes curl over the platform isn't going to be one of the things I miss (Lauren, that was just for you (-;), but it will be nice to have some free time again.

OH! I think Raage did well at State! Cuz when me and Bern drove by the high school after lunch today his car had a bunch of "congratulations!" banners on them, so I'm hoping he took first in one of his events.

And I'm sitting here typing with Mint Julep mask on my face. Hold on, going to wash it off.

*washing*

okay, so I didn't just wash, I got totally ready for bed.

You know, life is really weird. Actually, to be more specific, people are. And I'm going all analytical again, but seriously. I find it fascinating how everyone is totally different but we all have traits that are the same. I am yet to meet one person who is ABSOLUTLY different from me. Everyone has at least one quirk that's like mine. Likewise no one is exactly like me. Which is a really good thing because as Bern says "One Jillian is enough". But if you actually think about it, it makes relationships really interesting. Well, not interesting like "interesting things happening" but interesting as in "it's interesting how relationships come together." And I know I'm making no sense but this honestly fascinates me. Humans and their reactions and actions to other's amaze me. You could get two people who watch one person do something and those two people could come away with different opinions of what that person really did. Interpratation is so important in communication. So many things go into how people interpret things, like background, upbringing, personalities, past experiances, and a bunch of other things. It's amazing we can function together at all.

Another thing about life that's intersting is this. We're all going through the same thing now, whether we'll admit it or not. I don't know if it happened like a domino effect, like one person started the process and told someone else about it who was like "yeah, that makes sense" so it happened to that person next and the process started again. I personally don't think it happened that way, I think it was more something that came about with the whole "maturing into adults" thing.

But they don't teach you THIS about growing up in Health Class.

We're all searching for something or someone. We're feeling unfulfilled in our normal High School relationships. And we also feel guilty that we feel unfulfilled, but we shouldn't, because we're all unfulfilled together. We want more mature friendships and to just be content with being ourselves. But at the same time our whole emotional spectrum is changing as we grow. I've already explained this horribly to Maegan and I doubt it'll make any sense over the net so I won't try. I'll just say that as we're getting older we're feeling more emotions more intensly than we did before. That's where the whole "I should be happy right now but I'm not" and the "why am I feel 25 different emotions at once?" thing comes in. Think of it as emotional puberty.

Now granted, this is just my thesis on things. I really want to hear other's opinions on it and not just comments like "you overanalyze too much" because I know I do, it helps me pass the time and figure some things out in the process. I really do want to hear what you guys think about this. Maybe I should be a psychiatrist when I grow up or something. Or a socialogist because people fascinate me.

But what I really want to be - and I just figured this out like, two days ago - is a religions archiologist or something like that. Like, for my dream job, if I could be anything in the whole wide world? I'd so be that. To go visit places of religious significance and read dead sea scrolls and things like that. Ohmigosh, I melt just thinking about it. It combines my two favorite things in the whole wide world - religion and history. Well, not my TWO favorite things. Two of my favorite things. You have to have music and theatre in there too. But I know that there's no way I could ever do that. I would have to travel too much and I'm not even sure a job like that exists. But oh, if it did I'd be like "SIGN ME UP, BABY!"

Anyway I should probably be getting to bed. I'm waking up in less than six hours!

-Jillian

p.s. dude, I so bought a coloring book today and it was soooo awesome to be able to color in it! Simple mind, simple pleasures! It's a monster coloring book with really simple big pictures. And a few connect the dots and stuff like that of course. But I've decided when I move out and I'm going to be too broke to buy art I'll just buy a coloring book, color some pictures, and hang them up all over my walls. How cool would that be?

Quote for the day: (in honor of Big River coming to a close)
Did the moring come to early?
Was the night not long enough?
Does a tear of hestitation fall on everything we touch?

People reach new understandings all the time
They take a second look, maybe change their minds
People reach new understanding's every day
Tell me not to reach, and I'll go away

Well it might just be a lesson
for the hasty heart to know
Maybe leaving's not the only way to go

13 comments:

Just me said...

Does anyone know how to spell archiologist? Archialogist? GAH!
-Jillian

Anonymous said...

Amen to all of the above sister....
why am I the only one who's crying about the play being over? Maybe you guys are just used to it more...
GAH...big mug of hot chocolate and a good movie...and a pillow
*sniff*..I'm gonna go cry now.
-annalicia

Anonymous said...

okay I just read maegan's blog, and now I have something to say..
1: you can't "grow up" by yourself...in my opinion the whole growing up thing is caused/is based on/has everything to do with relationships....
2: we all say we want deeper relationships and deeper friendships...the problem is we want it, but I don't think any of us are quite willing to give the same yet....(and to have a friend you need to be a friend..)..We are all on the taking side of relationships right now, and what makes a REAL relationship is giving. I don't know quite how being "used" fits into it yet, I can't quite figure that part out. Maybe both have to be giving..I don't know..

but that's my deep thought(s) for the day...not that they are very deep.

hey jill. what happenned to you and strike? were you there for the part where Cam was working without a shirt on? Man that guy is cut....and kinda cool...and slightly attractive....

but seriously what happenned to you?
-isha

Anonymous said...

I agree with you isha on the whole you need to give more to have a deeper more meaningful relationship with your friends. Trust me I do. If I didn't I wouldn't have writen what I did in my lj, and I wouldn't have been able to start to talk more openly with Steven, Bekah, Jill, or Coop. (though it might not seem that open) I still haven't told them everything that I want to but it takes time to learn to be more open with people, and that learning comes in with matureing and growing up. I have never been as open as I am with all of you guys with anyone. Not even my parents. For some reason it is really hard for me to talk to anyone about anything in life. It isn't like I don't want to open up to you all it is just hard for me to. So I am giving even though it might not seem so.

~Maegan

Anonymous said...

Jill one your ps is really long and two coloring books are so cool I have a dinosaur one. Oh and I don't think you over analyzed really. I agree with you.

~Maegan

Just me said...

ew...Cam reminds me too much of Todd Tschida. Yeah, I agree it has to do with giving, and I think half the problems is that none of us are emotionally mature enough for the truly meaningful friendship that we're all longing for. And that's really not anything we can help, we're teenagers after all. If we were ready for it I'd be kind of scared (it goes with the whole "being in love thing" that happened at three in the morning on choir tour).
And you get used when you're willing to give but the other person isn't.
-Jillian
P.S. we just have to be sure not to judge others and let them have second chances because we're going to do some stupid things and make stupid mistakes and you have to be willing to look over those and realize they're trying to grow, just like you are

Beckah said...

I think you meant psychologist....I thought about that but I know that I would get too emotionally involved and I'd end up screwing myself up....and your career choice sounds fascinating. Become famous! And I agree and disagree. Different interpretations, like you said.

Anonymous said...

mmmm.... I still think he's attractive. I had no idea how buff he was till sat. night. anyways..off topic....
-isha

Anonymous said...

Oh you girls.. first it is Tristan.. (eww I can't believe you ::Jillian:: realized that Tristan's toes curled over the platform) and two.. Cam? Are you serious..Cam? He is an awesome guy and I consider him a great friend. He is the first person and friend that I made in college and yes he is very cute. You girls and your attractions to those colleges guys.. They are just guys. hahaha Abnormally long toes curling over the platform......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are so righteous.

Just me said...

ew, no attraction to Cam, sorry. Again, he reminds me too much of a guy I knew growing up.
-Jillian
p.s. yes, Tristan is attractive though, curling toes and all
and what's with YOUR attraction to college boys?;)

Anonymous said...

ooohhh....shut down there lauren... : ) ...hehehhehee....
-isha

Anonymous said...

hahahaha shut down. right on. I do however, agree with your choice in guys to be attracted to... and Jillian, the spelling is a-r-c-h-a-e-o-l-o-g-i-s-t. Archaeologist. Yes! I can spell!

~Lauren

Anonymous said...

oh and to reply to your last comment's p.s. I am allowed to be attracted to college boys, they are my age after all. And I know that some of them are rather odd attractions, but hey..I am odd.

~Lauren