Monday, August 01, 2005

"Ha! I defy you!!" - John Nelich

I've decided that final scene in "Deadwood Dick, or the Game of Gold" - which all of you should come see by the way - is the funniest thing ever performed in EOU theatre history. Anyway, that's my shameful plug for the show.

So "Joseph" ended. Wow, all I can say is Saturday was not our best night. Though it was probably the one where I had the most fun, what with the toys and what not. And it was kind of funny to watch Evylyn about to kill a poor pre-pubesant 13 yr. old boy...who I actually thought was a girl the first time, and he did very little to convince me otherwise throughout the rehersal process. Anyway, most of us botched words (okay, so it was Jeff and me, but Becca and Maegan totally followed my goof so they get docked points too), and costumes malfunctioned (Jeff being a paper towel dispenser), but there was just a fun feeling of comaraderie that hadn't been there before. But then we all went to Denny's and then everyone decided to be party poopers and left before 11!! honestly, who does that after the last performance!? So that left me, Isha, Maegan, Megan, and Jeff and we got into some interesting discussions about politics. I learned some interesting things about Jeff and seriously that boy is full of surprises. There are some things he doesn't respect that I would have thought he would. Anyway, it ended up being me and Megan that did most of the talking/arguing/debating, but it wasn't like malicious, it was more like fervent discussing. It was quite fun, took me back to my A.P. History days.

But then we all left since most of us had to be back by 12. Or rather Isha, Maegan, and I did, and since I was the ride for the two of them, plus Megan it would be pointless for Jeff to remain sitting alone in Denny's, though I wouldn't put it past him to do that. Anyway, fifteen minutes, a blatant stop in the middle of the road, a few passes in my awesome ghetto van, and one chinese fire drill later I was home. I then kept my parents up for another two hours talking about the play. We then collapsed from exhaustion and slept through church.

I then did something I always swear I'll never do and I always do it anyway. I started a book series around six or so at night. I took quite a few breaks, finished book three (which I read first because I'm just weird like that) around 10 and decided to go for book 2. Still taking a few breaks to help my mother with costumes, I finished that book around 3. So I figured "sure, why not, let's read book 1" so yeah. I was up until 6 this morning reading. They were good books though, so I don't feel too horrible. But now I have this bug to write something. And I've had this story itching at the back of my brain every since my first week in Europe, and it's just developed amazingly, but there are still a few things - like the exact things that happen in the plot - still need to be worked about before I start.

Anyway, I've gotten e-mails and pics from my Europe friends and I haven't e-mailed them back yet so yes, i'm a horrible person. I think i'll try and do that tomorrow.

But I should go. It's my turn to e-mail Jennifer!

Toodles (and War In!)

-Jillian

No comments: