Friday, August 12, 2005

Well, she didn’t want to grow a horn out of her head. She was just unlucky.

So, Annie opened today, and apparently everyone decided that opening night was the night to come to it. Maegan was there, Becca was there, Dan was there along with his Harem of younger sisters and his parents, and Rachel and Megan and Caitlin and Jamie, and Jeff. And me of course, but I'm not that important. You know, I really like Jeff. I've decided this. He is now my new favorite Tenor. Sorry Raage, you can just be my favorite make-out partner that I consider to be my brother. And Dan, you're still my favorite blonde boy.

Oh, so I saw my first preview for "Rent" last night. Ah! I'm so excited! I'm seriously going to cry if it's rated R. Now, those who know my opinion of Rent may be confused by my over-eagerness for this movie. I'm not so much excited for the story and stuff, but I'm interested in seeing such amazingly talented people (Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal, Jesse L. Martin, sigh!) on the big screen and seeing exactly how they adapt the stage production into a screenplay. That and the song "Seasons of Love" make the play. Honestly, if that song wasn't in the show, I don't think I'd care one way or the other, even if it's success will dictate the future of Musicals in the Movies.

Okay, so here's a question about the latest Harry Potter book. If you haven't read it and plan to read it STOP READING NOW and skip down to the next paragraph. Now for the question. Was I the only one depressed with what happened with Snape? The entire time, since book number 2 I've been rooting for Snape because I honestly thought he was a good guy and that Harry was just biased against him. Well, maybe not a good guy, but I believed he had really turned away from "the dark side". I don't know, it just gave me hope that if Snape could leave Voldermort...I guess I sort of likened it to gospel principles, like he actually repented. Even now, I'm still trying to figure out how he could be on the good side despite the face that he killed Dumbledore, like Dumbledore told him to or something. I don't know, I'm trying. But am I the only one that found that totally depressing?

Anyway, I think I'm going to go. This may possibly be the shortest blog I've written in a while. But I'm tired, so what can you do? Oh, Beckah and Isha? When I came home Tuesday night and told my dad about what we did at the Baxter's and all the drama that accompanied it he just laughed and shook his head. I love my parents, how many parentals would react like that?

I straightened my hair today. It was really quite cool. Which reminds me, I have become a product girl. I use Brillant Brunette Shampoo, Conditioner, Mousse, Straightening Balm, and Shine Reflector. How sad am I?

Hope this finds you all well! And for those wondering, my goals are turning out well, except for the whole "get up early thing". Yeah...I had to wake up to do make-up at 8, but after I got hom at 9:30 I would conk out for three more hours, waking up around 1, so I don't think it counts. Hope your goals are coming along better than that!

Toodles!

-Jillian

1 comment:

Beckah said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about Snape. I totally believed that his hatred for Harry and stuff was just cause of his dad, and that he was just a mean-spirited person. But I never thought that he was totally evil! It was shocking and depressing.