Friday, December 30, 2005

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land in the stars..or just float around in space awhile, wondering how you shot yourself off in a rocket

So, what to write. My sister's officially married. As my dad put it "I don't have to worry about her anymore, she's his responsibility." Everyone asks me how it feels to have a sister married and if I'm going to miss her. I'm always like "Hey, I get my own bathroom now, it's sweet!"

You know, I really hate it when people ask that. "How does it feel that you're sisters married and gone?" It's like they actually expect me to turn to them and bare my soul. Hello, I hardly know you. Even those that I do know fairly well I just look at them and smile, saying "It's weird, but I'm happy for her," all the while I'm thinking "Did you actually expect me to tell you what I'm really thinking and feeling? Puh, fat chance! Who do you think you are, anyway?" Which is rude, I'll admit. But I guess I'm sort of weird like that. There are only two or three people I'd be willing to talk to about it and be honest with. Luckily, none of them have really pressed me about it.

Oh, you want to know something funny? Actually, it's kind of sad, but I thought it was humorous. I was going into Wal-Mart today to buy needles and yarn (I'm attempting to knit a scarf...I'll probably be able to start it, it'll start twisting, I'll lose and add stitches all over the place, get INCREDIBLY frustrated, and finally just ask my dad to do it.) and there were these three girls coming out of the store. They were dressed very girly - sparkly belts that matched their purses that matched their shoes, cute little T-shirts and that were fluffy and feminine, and they're all walking out together - and all three are talking on Cell Phones. Seriously. All three. And I highly doubt they were talking to each other. They were just walking and talking to their phones. Am I the only one that sees the idiocracy in that?

Alright, so I think I'm going to go. I rented "The Interpreter" at Blockbuster and my parents and my Aunt and Uncle want to watch it. And it would be really nice if THE WHITTAKERS COULD CALL ME SO WE COULD PRACTICE OUR STUPID SONG THAT WE GOT ROPED INTO SINGING FOR TOMORROW'S PARTY!!!! But I'm not bitter. Oh, and Raage, I have a confession about your hair. And I was going to write it, but I realized you probably wouldn't read it, since you don't read the blogs unless we specifically tell you to and since I'll HOPEFULLY see you at the party - if you choose to grace us with your presence - I'll tell you then. And I still don't know why I'm writing to you since, as I stated above, you won't read this.

Oh well, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Toodles!

-Jillian

p.s. I suck at Video Games, and it makes me REALLY angry!

1 comment:

Cate said...

eeh who needs video games?
lol