Monday, March 27, 2006

Sorry guys, I forgot my handcuffs

So it's the first "official" day of Spring Break and I figured that warranted a blog entry. Though what to write is the real question. The past few days have been really fun, what with running around and singing and just hanging out with people.

I ended up hanging over at Raage's for a while last night. It turned out it was exactly what I needed. I didn't even realize I needed it until I was over there. It was fun just to sit there and be surrounded by kids and noise and the whole happy family feeling. And the incredibly delicious banana bread and cookies were just an added bonus. And the sinus medicine. And the cough drops. But mostly being there was wonderful.

It brought back memories of Sunday's when my dad would practically tear his hair out because me and Jennifer wouldn't stop wrestling in the middle of the living room. He would always make the comment that he had girls and he didn't know why on earth we were wrestling at all, let alone why we chose to do it on Sunday of all days. And then me and Jenny would gang up on Jessica. And then when we were all dog-piled on each other my dad would come and sit on all of us. My mom would just sit and laugh.

I miss my family. I miss my parents. I miss Jennifer. I miss Jessica being here unattatched. It'll be a while before we'll have rowdy Sunday's again, until Jessy and Jenny have kids. I can probably wait that long. Two or three years. Besides, I still have Nick who's quite fun to talk to, and Jessy and Patxi - even if they did steal my car.

Oh, so there's a story. I went to church with Jessy and Patxi yesterday so I wouldn't be all alone in my ward and so I could be with them. Well, when I got up to blow my nose - not to bear my testimony, despite what it apparently looked like - they stole my key. I, being me and unobservant, didn't realize I didn't have it until Young Women's was almost through. I then start looking around for my key, in all the five places I'd been that day. I look for a while by myself until Jessy and Patxi come in from putting some stuff in the car, then they help me. Then I get Raage and Nur to help (sidenote: Raage, when I was younger I used to lie on the floor during church and look down the floor trying to match people with their shoes. It was really fun. That was how I would keep myself entertained during General Conference too. Okay, back to story) and we still couldn't find the key. I was freaking out because it was the only key I had and the only other copy was floating somewhere in the Carribean where I obviously wouldn't get it. But Jessy kept telling me to go check out in my car. I kept saying no because I knew I had it in Sacrament meeting with me. Finally I was agreed and we walk out there - and my car isn't where it's suppose to be. To quote Jessica "you could see your confusion from the back of your head." And to make a long story short (too late) Patxi engineered the plan to steal my car and they parked it over on the other end of the parking lot, all the while letting me go searching in vain for my key.

The punks.

But I ended up going over there for dinner afterwards and it was fun. I made a chicken casserole with mixed vegetables...vegatables...whatever and a rosemary basil cream sauce. It was quite yummy...at least to me, but I spiced it to taste and my nose was clogged, so I don't know how it tasted to normal people.

Anyway, I've got to run to Safeway and buy some stuff for the trip. Talk to you guys later, and hope you're all having a wonderful Spring Break.

Toodles!

-Jillian

6 comments:

Liz said...

That blog entry just made me so happy. I love family! That was a great--if nasty--little trick your sister played on you. I did that to my roomate all summer. Except most of the time we really had lost the key. AND couldn't find the car. You just really seem to have a handle on living life to the fullest, and I admire you so much for it! Hearing you tell those stories just made me grateful for all the blessings the Lord gives each of us every single day...how great is life? It's really great. Your entry also made me really REALLY hungry. Casserole...vegetables...mmmm. I still don't get paid till Friday, so I'm heading home for some oatmeal. How saddening. But I love my roomates and friends and family and life and that's far from saddening and I think you're great! Thanks for being you.

isha said...

I hope you have a great time on your trip jill! Enjoy being stuck in a car with a fairly attractive somalian : ) hehehehe
-isha

Just me said...

I resent that comment. Besides, you know you're jealous ;)
-Jillian

isha said...

it's true...maybe ; )
-isha

mollie baum said...

I wanted to call you before you left but, i kept forgetting! I hope you are having a wonderful time and enjoying life away from po-dunk La Grande. By the way...i think you should be a chef. Seriously. You are a freaking culinary (sp?) genious. I love you, see you soon.
-Mollie

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»