Sunday, March 05, 2006

I've sometimes wondered what the 10 commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Singing Time! I should have realized I was doomed when - in the very beginning of Primary - Noah (Raage's 12 yr. old brother) hears my name, recognizes who I am, and gets this smile on his face. Thats was it. I was going to fail.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad. Jr. Primary was a bit scarier than Sr. Primary. Hunter was a little pill, I'm glad I wasn't in charge of him. He's cute though, especially when he was chewing on his tie. There was this little boy who kept raising his hand for everything I asked, even when he had no idea what I was saying. They got a little rambunctious at the end - after all, there are only so many times you can sing "Follow the Prophet" without feeling completely bored; especially when you're 5.

Sr. Primary we talked more about Prophets like Adam and Noah. None of them knew about Enoch, which made me try and remember when I learned about him. We had a vocabulary lesson too. The only bad part when I felt like I didn't quite know what to do was when Adam was leading the group marching around the room and he took off running and some of the kids with shorter legs were getting tangled with the chairs because they couldn't go that fast. I just stood there and kept singing. That was my motto for the day. Just keep singing.

But yesterday was really fun, if slightly boring and long. And I think the world was out to get me too. I lost my Carmex five or six times, (oh, and for those that don't already know, I actually LOST my Carmex...meaning I don't know where it is. I misplaced it before I went to bed last night and had to go get my other one back from Raage because my lips were dying. *sigh* I think that Carmex just hated me...and I know Jeff and Mollie are probably laughing hysterically right now...), my pants kept trying to fall off, I had to run from the performance room to my singing time and was consequently out of breath when I started my ridiculously fast aria, I yanked my earing and caused myself great pain by doing so, ate Macaroni off an old-persons menu that made me nauseated, ate a DISGUSTINGLY huge waffle-cone that took me about an hour and a half to eat and also made me sick, lost my water-bottle somewhere in Hermiston High School, dribbled ice cream down my front, made my back hurt, and dented a car. Anything else? Mollie? Jeff? Isha? Did I leave anything out? I don't think so.

But there were some equally good things that happened too. Congratulations MaeLee and Bern for going to State! Me and Jeff and Mollie are all alternates, which is awesome, and Isha did well too. We didn't get to hear how Maegan did, since the phone cut out before we could tell, so I'll be able to know tomorrow. And I have to admit that everytime I hear "I'm Every Woman" I'm going to think of Jeff and the ride home. And every time I eat crepe's I'm going to think of Mollie nearly squirting milk out of her nose. And the whole "I'm going to be a lake" thing.

Good times, good times.

But I'm super excited for Spring Break! Everything's falling into place perfectly! And I know I'm incredibly stupid for getting this excited about going down to Salt Lake, but seriously, it should be sweet. Conference, AH! It's exciting!

And I'm really tired right now, which is weird since it's not even 8 yet. But I really want to go to bed and there's not anything stopping me besides the fact that I know I could be doing something right now, like homework or cleaning or knitting or reading or learning something interesting. But I'm too lazy. So I sit here and type about nothing.

Track is fun. The musical is coming along. Drama is constantly there, but I think that's a token part of High School. Sleep would be nice. So would eating food at a normal time or seeing my family in the light. But we do what we can.

Toodles!

-Jillian

2 comments:

mollie baum said...

ok ok ok ok....what a fun day. i seriously didn't realize it until i read your blog. we made a lot of good jokes...and yes i think that the gods (so to say) were against you. and yes, thanks jeff for the graple crapies. lol! and jill you forgot the best part of the day: "your not tanner, your jeff" omg i'm dying. love you see you tonight.

mollie baum said...

JILLIAN!!! I CAN'T FIND MY CARMEX!