Thursday, July 28, 2005

You mean this is a dream? Yeah! Bring on the dancing Tuba's!!

So tonight was opening night. What else can I say really? If you were there you might understand my extreme lack of wordage, which is something serious whenever it happens to me. I dunno, it's just...ugh. I can't even describe it properly. It's kind of a mix of disapointment, frustration, and embarrassment. The show didn't go horribly though. We got an ovie at least, which, in my personal opinion just goes to show how little culture we get in La Grande. There were so many times tonight when I just cringed inside. Just mentally grimaced in pain.

Now I realize I'm painting a grim picture of tonights performance, but it was by no means completely horrible. Close Every Door to Me went really well, despite of my teasing of Jeff's lack of low notes. And I'm sure some other things didn't go as badly as I percieved them either.

But on a happier note, we sorta continued the tradition of going to Denny's afterwards - except for the fact that we got called in to rehearse the slow-motion fight scene in Deadwood Dick a little over an hour into our escapade. But even that was fun. We got Beckah and Jeff to come watch it. And it kind of makes me sad that when school starts and the musical's over we're not going to hang out with him anymore. We'll see him in choir and stuff, but actually going out and doing stuff? Not gonna happen. Ah, the strange cliques of life!

Anyhoo, I'm tired and I might go to bed, even though none of my familia is home to talk about the show yet and I really want to.

But Maegan, I've seriously decided that whenever you feel like totally killing Evelyn, just go and give her a hug, or even worse, give her a compliment. I did this to Devin one time and at the end of the day of BOTH of us doing it we were getting along really well. Course now he won't TALK to us, but hey, what can you do?

Oh, and for all those wondering MY GRANDPARENTS GOT A MISSION CALL TO TALLAHASSEE FLORDIA! Which probably means I have to learn to spell Tallahasse now since I am apparently spelling impaired. Which for some reason made me remember: for all of you I didn't tell, I got a 28 on the ACT. I don't know if that's good or what, but I'm happy, considering I took it after coming back from the Drive-In and giving us only three or four hours of sleep!

But I'm seriously going to go now, cuz Jumper's being retarded and scratching at the glass like a mad-dog!

Telephone. It's my parentals. My mother wanted to remind me to put the dogs out so they wouldn't piddle in the house. Which I would do right now, except I was a responsible young adult and did it right when I got home like I was supposed to. She also wanted to let me know she's at Safeway (every time I say that I hear Dan's voice in my head saying "slave-way") buying me Dove ice cream in celebration of opening night.

HA! Maegan, Isha, Beckah! I totally just found a poker chip down my shirt from tonight! That's awesome!

And I'm really just killing time now as I have nothing to do before my parents come home, and though I'm slightly tired I've barely been up over 12 hours so I have no REAL desire to go to bed. I could always walk to the Wittakers or to Jeff's as he - as I learned like, a few months ago when Devin and I were pranking cars...not that that was us of course... - lives about two houses away from me. Course what would I do there? No idea. Probably throw rocks at a window that would turn out to be his parents. Or if i went to the Whittakers I could sneak in their french-doors and probably get attacked by Abish as I walked in. No, I think my options would be better to sit here at my house and wait for my parents as I listen to my dogs playing (hopefully, they're still trying to figure out this pecking-order thing so I pray no one gets hurt) in the background.

Toodles!

-Jillian

wow this was long.....

3 comments:

Just me said...

question, is the Tuba's supposed to have an apostraphe there to signify a plural? Or am I totally off?
-Jillian: the English Nazi

Anonymous said...

oh..you should have come...I was awake till like 3:50,,,It would've entertained me....funny. We really need to get our costumes soon so we can start sticking those down our shirts...wait, that'll be monday won't it..wow. time is flowing by quickly!
-isha

Just me said...

*cough, dan's on crack, cough*
-Jillian