Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MY foot iTCHes!

again, the title is an inside joke i am sure i will explain when i get back. today was cool, except for the part where i fried my face so i slightly resemble a swiss tomato. but hey, when you are that high up - and trust me, the alps are freakishly high, especially when you ride to the top of one on a weird tunnel tubey thing that overlooks that matterhorn - and dont wear any sunscreen and stay up there singing sound of music and other really off-key songs for two hours while having a lunch of brie, camambert, apples, youghurt, and baugettes, you feel that a small burn is a tiny price to pay.

today was good, probably in part of the fact that our concert went really well last night (hopefully we will get to St. Marks, i would seriously die if we got to sing there!) and in part of the fact that i am in access of a computer, hence access to home. Not to mention i had a lot of fun talking with Steven today...i am assuming thats how you spell his name. And i hate to say it, but it was really fun to just be able to meander through a little Swiss village. OH i wish i could bring all you guys here with me! I would have so much fun! Course i would have even more fun if half the girls here werent pains in my butt. Honestly, how is it that people are so prissy and judgemental? (dude, i so found the question mark...but you have to push shift on the key next to the 0 key...weird...) If something or someone annoys you, ask nicely for it to stop, and if it doesnt try and fix your attitude, dont be royal pains in the buttocks about it. Jeesh...silly girls...

anyhoo, tomorrow we leave for Austria and stop on our way through in Liechtenstein (heh, for any of you who have seen Knights Tale, i sing that stupid song every time i hear the name) and hopefully i will snap some sweet pictures of the "Disneyland Castle" too. Tonight we are having a Fondu party with real Swiss cheese and its being put on by the village - yes, i really am in a Swiss village...weird... - in appreciation for us being here.

Oh, rememberance! Today, on our way back from Zermatt, where the Matterhorn is, or rather before we left Zermatt, we stood in the middle of the square and sang. It was totally cool! This may sound slightly racist (sorry Dan) but the Japanese tourists just love it! And seriously, they are everywhere! Course i am assuing they are japanese...they could be chinese.

And Dan, I drank caffiene. IT SO WASNT ON PURPOSE THOUGH!!!!! i was super thirsty and my friend Bethanie had a cup of soda and i just took this huge swig of it and mentally I am all "ah crap, this is coke" but i finished drinking it anyway. BUT, to redeem myself i turned down a sip of Justins coke when he offered/i stole it from him. And I havent had caffiene besides that one time.

And speaking of WoW things, apparently the fondu we are eating tonight has a lot of wine in it. And granted, fondu zou get in the states has wine in it, but one of the Chaperones said that they is A LOT of wine in it. I am fairly certain the wine cooks out but half of me is a little nervous. But I dont want to offend the villagers here and its the only thing we have to eat for dinner, so i will probably try it first to see if its alcoholic or not. And besides, in a way to rationalize, my dad had alcohol on his mission because he didnt want to offend anyone...or at least i think it was him. maybe it was someone else. EITHER WAY i will try some and if it burns too much i will stop eating it and just nibble the bread.

I should actuallz go, cuz i have to be down in the sports center in fifteen minutes and i still have to e mail my daddy.

-Jillian

p.s. sorry its so long, i am in a rambling mood. OH!!! and i got my picture taken in front of the Matterhorn with this huge, cute, slobbering St. Bernard that had a little barrel around its neck! it was so sweet! oh, and i petted shaggy mountian sheep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome. keep having tons of fun there and don't worry about the prissy little girls. you get that every where you go.

~maegan

Anonymous said...

too true^
love ya! And enjoy..you're taking pictures of all this right?
see ya soon!
-isha

Beckah said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! I'm sure that you're having a wonderful time and really appreciating how beautiful it is there. Ah! You're making me miss Germany! And my favorite village in the world, just on the other side of the Alps, Garmisch-Patenkirchen!

Just me said...

yeah, you're telling me...
-Jillian
p.s. i lost all my pictures of paris and london. I'M SO MAD! but brian and bethany said they'd send some my way