Saturday, June 04, 2005

Behold, I am man, the pointy top of the food chain! Gaze in wonder upon my opposable thumb!

I love the smell of campfire. I just got back from Mollie's and we were roasting marshmellow's...mmm...yummy...

Anyhoo, I've come to the conclusion that life is weird. I just hope the lady at the Hilton was wrong when she said it doesn't get easier, cuz that would royally suck if she was right.

I love church and mutual. It's so funny, because we always gripe about going (at least mutual sometimes) but when I'm there I never want to leave, even if we're just doing something silly like playing volleyball. It doesn't matter who you are or what you think of other people or your political beliefs, when you're there it's just peaceful.

I really like people. Like, seriously. There are maybe two people in this whole wide world that really REALLY bug me. Now, granted, even the coolest people bug me every once in a blue moon, but there are seriously few people who annoy me to the point I don't like hanging around with them. And I don't get how poeple can be so against someone, which is probably why I play "devils-advocate" when people talking about hating other people. That and I'm contradictory.

I'm so glad Junior year is over. Seriously, it's be purdy darn sucky. Now granted there have been a few good parts, but mostly...blah. Here's a brief overview:
Greatest let-down: Choir
Best surprise: My family and Maegan
Best Memory: The Random Racoon Squad's first night out
Worst Memory: Crying during Oklahoma - or just Oklahoma in general
Biggest Regret: Steven Baxter
Moment I wish to change: saying good-bye to Devin
Moment I would never change: Picking Raage up over my shoulder
Biggest Frustration: myself
Song that would describe my Junior year: Pressure by Billy Joel

I miss Jennifer.

It's not like I would give up this year though. Ohmigosh, it's sucked but honestly, besides that I wrote up there, I wouldn't change a thing. I've learned so much, and not just from school, if you get my meaning!

It's funny, cuz there are so many people that think I'm stupid and immature. I just laugh at them, because what I said to Mr. Sebastyn isn't that far off. I do have a certain amount of maturity to get through my life. It's just that most people aren't worth my maturity. I'm mature when I need to be. If something needs to get done, if a problem comes up that I need to solve, or if someone needs to talk about something I'll definitly be mature.

But anyway, it really agravates me when someone is a confessie (meaning someone confessed to) and then they turn around and talk about the confessor. It's like "if someone trusts you enough to talk to you, you should at least TRY and live up to that trust." I guess it's that same feeling that prohibits me from ever telling other people who my friends like. I think the biggest insult I could recieve is not being trusthworthy, at least in the way of telling other people things.

Now granted, I have no idea where that came from...except it's one of the things i've learned this year. And ew, I just had the nastiest tasting burger belch. Just fyi.

26 days until I leave for Portland and 29 until I leave for Europe. WOOHOO!!

Michael Jackson is scary looking. How can anyone say he isn't freaky?

Okay, tell me how this works. Steven never met Jennifer, and yet he still managed to call me Jen. I can get Raage calling me Jennifer cuz I do act like her sometimes and he worked with her for, what, five months? But a guy who doesn't know her? Weird.

Ew, I have marshmellow gunk in my hair. I bent over after we were roasting the marshmellows and my hair got stuck in the left-over gunk on my stick. It was fairly disgusting. All the girls there were like "ew! disgusting!"

Ope, Isha's here. Gotta go

-Jillian out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sot glad I was one of your best surprises. That makes my night reading that. I would have to say the same thing for you. Oh and I totally agree with a lot you said.

~Maegan

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that was so cute Derek.. out of a catalog.. That made me chuckle.

~Lauren