Thursday, August 19, 2010

Who died and made you king of everything?

I don't like airports. Or maybe it's just that I don't like waiting in airports. I think that's probably the thing. I enjoy when I'm walking through airports, searching for and suceeding in finding my gate, realizing that all these planes are going to various and diverse places. Of course, then the fantisizing begins and I start to try and figure out how I can smuggle my person on one of those planes that's not heading to Boise, Portland, or Salt Lake.

But then there's the waiting. They say you should get here 2 hours early for a domestic flight, 3 for international. I'm not sure why this is, if it's the fear that going through the security checkpoints is just going to take so dang long that you're going to miss your flight, or if the fast food places have entered into a conspiracy to make you wait around the airport, bored out of your mind, for as long as possible to entice you to buy one of their incredibly overpriced and low-quality items. Which, come to think of it, I'll probably do here in about 45 minutes when my laptop no longer entertains me.

I just don't like it. And it's not that I don't like doing relaxing activities such as reading or surfing the net. It's just that I like to do them in the comfort of my own home and not when I have camera's watching me and my luggage like a hawk. I hate that I have to carry all of my bags with me whenever I go to the bathroom and then struggle to figure out where to put them while I'm in there. I hate that these waiting chairs are so gosh-darned uncomfortable and that sitting on them for too long makes my tailbone ache.

I think if I traveled with someone it might be more enjoyable. Then we could lovingly judge the people around us by playing games like "spot the ugliest pants" or "who has the ugliest shoes" and my personal favorite "what's up with THAT couple?" Or we could do a scavenger hunt through the stores for the ugliest souvenir. Those are fun games to play, but just aren't quite the same by yourself.

That being said, I am currently watching "Lost" in an airport, right before I'm going to board my plane. That seems masochistic, even to me, but hey, as I said, I'm bored. The 20 minutes it took me to check in and go through security went by way too fast. But it's either watch "Lost" or organize my I-tunes library, as I'm saving reading my book for the actual plane ride. And while I do enjoy organizing my I-tunes I'm not quite in the mood for it, as it tends to constipate my computer.

That being said, I want a candy bar. Or possibly gelato. But mostly a candy-bar. Probably a Milky Way. Or Milky Way gelato. That would easily solve my indecision. However, as this is the Boise airport, I don't think they have gelato here. Sad face.

The flight's delayed, so I'm looking at not loading for another hour or so. Oh well...I've still got 20 minutes left in this episode, plus enough time to hunt down something to conquer this sweet craving I'm having.

Another observation about this airport? The music they play is so odd! It's like they put someone's I-pod on shuffle and just let it go. Now, granted, the music they're playing isn't bad music, it's just a unique juxtapositioning of songs.

I have very little else to say at the moment. One can only muse so long about airports unless said airport is a hustling and bustling one, and the Boise airport on a Thursday evening in mid-August is not horribly bustling. Just a random assortment of businessmen and a few families.

I'll be posting pictures of the blessing and other assorted shenanigans pretty soon. Until then, have a great day!

Toodles!

-Jillian

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM!!!

I have searched this airport, and have found hide nor hair of gelato OR Milky Ways! Oh, of course they have the Caramel Milky Ways, but the origional? Nope! They don't even have the original Mamba's which I would have been happy settling for. What kind of establishment are they running here?! No Mamba's OR Milky Ways?

What is this world coming to?

2 comments:

Mrs. Romriell said...

You crack me up...I say thing as I am eating a wonderful milky way...jk...How can you type and watch lost...are you not in season 5...so close yet so far away. Enjoyed the talk, muffins etc. See ou sooner than later.

Stanley Langford Lloyd said...

Okay, I have to say just how much I LOVED this post. You are so silly sometimes. If it's any consolation, I hate waiting in airports too. And I would have totally played those games with you. The winner could have gotten a Reese's which is a far superior candy bar anyway.