Monday, August 02, 2010

Make your own kind of music!

I want the Harry Potter books.

I used to have all of them, back when I was living at home. My parents bought most of them for me, but then Jess fell in love with them and took most of them off with her when she moved out to become a real person. So I am left with no Harry Potter books.

So here's the deal, folks. I can the entire collection of paperbacks for$50 on Amazon, but that exceeds the budget I have set out for myself by $25 AND leaves with me no money in that category for the rest of the month. So...I'm debating what to do. Do I buy it now and just tighten my belt in other areas? Or should I wait until next month and see if I can work it into my budget?

P.s. I just heard the most awkward thing ever. One of my girlfriends asked one of our other friends how her honeymoon was. The newlywed responds with: "It was wonderful! The only way it would have been better is if you had been there!"

Sooooooooo awkward...

And in another vein entirely, I've decided Lost is what happens when lots of people with major issues get together. And I thought I had trust issues..

4 comments:

Beckah said...

Do it! Buy them all!

My own collection is rather mixed. I have books 1-3, then 5 and 7. I thought about getting them all, but I'm waiting till I can someday afford the UK versions, which is what I really want. I actually haven't read them in a long time, and am trying to decide if I should re-read them before I see the 7th movie or not.

I love you! We need to hang out. Too bad we're so far away from each other...

Opto-Mom said...

I think they are around $7 each at wal-mart (paperback). Just buy a couple at a time.

Stanley Langford Lloyd said...

I agree. Buy in stages my dear. Then you won't have to harm the budget. YOU MUST STICK TO THE BUDGET! IT IS LIFE!

Just me said...

The budget's already gone to hell. August has been an interesting month.