Saturday, July 19, 2008

"He is so fired." - Aaron Cole

More story time from the Pink Garter!


So, yesterday on street there was an, um, interesting happening.

We're doing what we do, singing and smiling and having a gay old time while toting the Pink Garter name as "The Singin' Cowboys" (and yes, I know I'm not a cowboy, I'm a girl, haven't heard that one before). We stop behind The Sweetwater Resteraunt and sing some "Cigareets and Whooskey" for them and a lady offers us a tip. Aaron turns it down, of course, and I give the lady a pamphlet and we keep walking. I hear Austin going off about something in the background, talking about the tip. I assume he's making a big deal about Aaron turning it down and I get a little annoyed. Number one he's supposed to be singing, number two he makes a big deal out of a lot of little things, and three I can't technically say anything to him about it because, even though I'm a street leader, he makes it into a bigger deal because he thinks I'm personally attacking him. Eventually we finish our song and I turn around and make some comment about it not being good that Aaron didn't accept the tip and I realize something interesting that I hadn't noticed before (because I was doing my job singing and only half listening to what Austin was talking about). Austin was giving Brannon a hard time because he'd grabbed the money from the lady after Aaron had turned it down.

There are two important things you have to realize about Brannon and Austin. 1) Austin likes picking fights with Brannon. 2) Brannon has a quick-fire temper and has a hard time managing anger. They've been in fights before, sometimes purposefully started by Austin, most of the time accidental. It's basically because Austin enjoys repeating himself quite a bit, which is nice because it means he's not being misunderstood, but it also tends to wear on you when you're having a fight with him. He won't drop it (unless it's me apparently, but that's a different story) which just tends to make the person he's fighting with angrier. Brannon just has a hard time admitting he's wrong.


So, what ends up happening is we finish singing and Austin's been making fun of Brannon for a while and suddenly Brannon says something and you can tell he's pissed. Everything gets tense. Austin keeps going though, saying it was stupid for Brannon to have taken the money. He doesn't mean this maliciously and he's not really looking for a fight, he's just stating his opinion...a lot.

Brannon just stops and says "Why don't you just come back here and say that to my face." Austin counters by stating that he was saying it to his face. A few more words were exchanged and Brannon pushes Austin.

Brannon's a big guy. Austin's a little guy. It was a silly thing and luckily it pretty much ended there. Somehow or other though, Brannon is still working at this theatre. It's kind of hypocritical really, when you think of all the crap he gave Jeremy when his altercation with Kai happened. He just walks away and apologizes, saying it won't happen again. Will it? I hope not. Knowing the two of them, it will. It's only a matter of time before it blows up again.

No comments: