Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"The five-paragraph essay is overrated!" - Austin

So I'm beginning to realize that a lot of my quotes come from Austin recently, and I believe that mostly has to do with the fact that I'm spending a lot of my time around him. Half of this is from choice, the other half is because we work together and are required to spend two hours walking around town and singing two or three times a week, not including the time we spend at the theatre. He's an interesting person. I refer to him as the energizer bunny, because that kid just keeps going and going and going. Which isn't bad, in fact, it's nice sometimes. Yesterday he and I had a 45 minute or so long conversation about how we behave around other people when it comes to talking behind someones back and what is and is not acceptable to say to someones face. He made some interesting points I hadn't thought of before and I think he understood where I was coming from in a lot of situations. But then there are times when he'll go on about selling retail or how BYU's football team sucks and how the Utes are so much better. ...I don't really care about that. However, he is entertaining me right now by texting me knock-knock jokes so I don't die from boredom here at the kisok.

In other news, I met a couple from Union last night! They actually run a physical therapy clinic down by EOU. It was so nice to talk to people from home. I talked about the college and how La Grande was the real west and everything. It was super nice to have that familiararity.

Also, I've realized this summer that theatre is something I really don't like to do. Singing, yes. Performing, sort of. Theatre? Not so much. I just don't get a thrill out of doing it. No excitement, not tingling, so bated breath for the next chance I get to go onstage. I've actually come to dread night-time performances. I don't like them. There is not a show here that we're doing where I actually think "Oh goodie! Now I get to do this show!" And I can't see me feeling that way about a show, especially one that has a long run.

Speaking of runs, I really want to go running. Lately though, I haven't been going to sleep until three or so in the morning so the idea of waking up and going for a run before I head to work is not apealing to me, but usually by the time I get home after a show I'm either hanging out with someone or I'm tired and don't want to go running and get wired and not be able to fall asleep. So I'm thinking I'll go running Friday when I don't work and all I have to do is go rafting down the river. Thank heavens for days off!

Anything else going on? Not really. Jillian broke up with her boyfriend (yay!). Austin broke up with his girlfriend (boo!), and I'm trying to decide whether Luke or Ami has had more action this summer. Luke had his girlfriend (now ex-ed for a while), Jillian, Ami, and Becca. But Ami had Kai, Kelsey, and Luke. Of course, that's just all I know about. So I think Luke has had more, actually. I don't think I'll tell Jillian that.

Oh, and my stuffed animal, Dougie, has ended his relationship with Maxwell the Sheep. It was a long time coming. They were together for about 24 hours before Maxwell took up with a finger-puppet frog that Jillian had. Dougie has since turned straight and is now in the hunt for a female-dog who likes eccentric feminine male-dogs.

And I really have to pee, but I've got twenty more minutes here in this cursed Kiosk.

I've come to the realization I'm happy being single. I'm not the kind of person who can emotionally be involved in a fling but physically, I don't know if I could handle a serious relationship that lasts a long time. I think that's why I'm the way I am, how I have to be friends with a guy first. I have an odd feeling that once I do find myself in a relationship again it'll only last a while before we either break up or get married. Ew. Marriage. Ick-ah.

I've been listening to the same four songs on this stupid computer for the past hour and a half. I think I might shoot myself. No, because I look cute today and I would splatter blood all over my white shirt. I was planning on doing something tonight, I can't remember what, but I think I might just hang at home with the girls and chat it up. The three of us haven't been together and just talked for a really long time. At least not since Jillian's break-up. That needs to be done.

I went bum-tubbing last night with Danica, her sister Cassidy, Austin, and Aaron. It was a surprising amount of fun actually. We got there around midnight and headed home around 1:30. Danica and I had a running joke that we couldn't leave Cassidy alone with the boys. We have our reasons, of course. She's very cute and just out of High School.

That's all I can think of right now. Except that I have to pee of course. I wish we were doing Singin' tonight instead of Sheriff. I can get away with doing very little for Singin' but not with Sheriff, and my headache is coming back. I need to be inside away from the allergens...

Toodles!

-Jillian

3 comments:

isha said...

i'm confused.... is there another Jillian or did you have a boyfriend that i didn't know about?

Mrs. Romriell said...

Jilly-life sounds negative is tones right now. I wish I coud just march right over there and give you the fattest hug you have ever got!!! As of right now I am stuck with 25 children who are still trying to be like ducks...and frogs...and geese...and of course cats-it gets very loud to say the least.

Jessica Waite said...

It sounds like being stuck in a booth can be very destructive on a person'a bladder. Careful not to get an infection. :0 If I could give you a smack on the back and a huge five five, I totally would for your desire to go running. It's crazy, but once you start, the endorfins (happy hormones) get pretty addicting! ;) Which sounds like something you need to do to pip up your day. I wish we could come down and visit you, but sadly we added five more hours to the trip and guess what, I just got a job working as a teller at a Credit Union!! Yup, I'm doing my little got-a-job dance. Which reminds me, have you thought about doing a little freak dancing, it does wonders for the soul. Love ya! And feel free to call me! Love ya forever sis!