Saturday, April 29, 2006

See, I don't like the singing where it's this ugly noise coming out and their eyes look like they're about to pop out

So, I was getting all fed-up with never having anything to read because no one ever posts anymore, when I realized I hadn't posted in a week and a half.

Oh, how the hypocrite is humbled.

So here I am, typing away. A lot has happened this week. Just moments of beauty where time seems supsended, and I like it. Moments where you feel contented, like you'd be happy to stay where you are with who you're with forever.

Unfortunately, this feeling caused me to get caught a little off-guard when Solo and Ensemble turned out to be, you know, the next day. It was a good trip, except for me being severely dehydrated last night at the hotel. I think we've decided that my rash is a heat rash brought on from dehydration, because it only flares up when I'm in the sun for a long time or I'm really warm.

Anyway, getting off-topic.

About State Solo Competition. I don't understand why people like to sing operatically. Seriously. They look like they're going to hurt themselves or something. Not only do they sound like they're sharping half the time because how forced their vibratto is, but they look like they're hurting themselves. Or that their constipated.

And there was just a hurge roll of thunder outside my window. Happy!

But we left pretty much after I sang. Getting out was a lot easier than finding the college, let me tell you. We got an unoffical tour of the Salem countryside because an arrow showed us the wrong way and I was looking there instead of at the road sign. My bad. It's quite pretty though.

Anyway, that would be the highlights of the trip. It was rather uneventful. I heard MaeLee play, and she was amazing. I was like "holy frickin pooh".

I'm glad tomorrow's Sunday. I need a church pick-me-up. My dad keeps asking me if they've posted the results yet, but I don't think they even announce the scores until 7 or so. Now I get to focus on State Choir, which I am looking forward to. A lot. Even if we do fail miserably. I'm just looking forward to hanging out with everyone. Jeff, Mollie, Beckah, Raage, I'm going to be so sad when we come back and realize this is the last choir trip that I'll ever take. Hopefully we'll be able to talk Mr. Jacobson into letting us play laser-tag again. That was sweet.

I think I'm probably going to go. I have to run to Wal-Mart and drop off some music. I love you all! I wish I knew if you guys were back from Moscow yet. I'm feeling antsy, and I've missed you guys like I've been gone a week, not just a day.

See you guys later!

Toodles!

-Jillian

4 comments:

Beckah said...

We're back Jill! I'm glad you are having good times in life. How did you actually do though? You failed to mention that. Anyway, I wish you could have come, the play was AWESOME and you'll probably hear us quote it all the time now. Love you to bits, Jill. I can't wait for State either.

isha said...

yeah, it was ....... much fun-o .......lol
but I'm glad you got to go do solo and ensemble, thats a neat thing too. And I hope you felt good about it.
anyways, isha out
-isha

isha said...

...MUST..have....LASER-...TAG.......gakfgulhggg.jdvkhdjkshkgh;lzhdkaslkakjggaghaghdhhdhdajjjkfgkhhjfghjkhgdjbm

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»