Thursday, April 20, 2006

Reflections on Happiness

Finally! Today feels like such a beautiful wonderful yummy just-want-to-eat-it Spring Day! I've spent a large chunk of it outside, and just want to be out there still! I'm sitting at my computer, smelling the air as it blows through my screen door, and just want to be out there.

It's so nice. Life is cool. I love my friends - even those I don't get to hang out with enough. I just have this calm, serene contentment right now. I'd feel completely fine doing my homework or really anything. It's a strange mix of being laid back and anxious.

I'll admit though, I'm having a rather hard time now that I've quit Track. I've been pretty good the past few days, working on my homework. But now I've got some serious cabin fever. I really want to go outside or do something other than sit here and plunk away at my stupid Bio study guides. Go play at a park, ride a merry-go-round, have some ice cream. Oooh, that's what I want. Ice cream! And to maybe go watch the track meet or tennis practice. Hm...maybe I'll bum money off my mom, go buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's, pick up Beckah or someone, and go watch. That sounds insanely fun.

I'm just having an amazing day. Yeah, there have been some down parts, but overall, I'm just glowing. Life is good. Chocolate is good. And I'll probably hate the world tomorrow, but for now? I'll just keep smiling, and I hope you all do the same!

Toodles!

-Jillian


3 comments:

isha said...

the smiles made me laugh..
-isha

Beckah said...

Man, we had fun today. I came home and my family was like, "what did you smoke?" Only the fresh air and good friends and wrestling with completely random children can do that. And then driving around blasting music and waving at everyone. I like you Jill. Thanks for a great day.

mollie baum said...

whoooaaa....WHEN DID YOU QUIT TRACK? woman! you never tell me anything anymore *sniffle*.... i miss you pill! we need to have sleepover! (without Swedish Fish) and i'm glad you are happy...i know how you feel...i honestly think its the weather!