Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Breathe...


I am taking a break from grading papers. I'm pretty sure doing this actually makes my brain turn to mush a little bit.

Sometimes I feel like a baby-sitter with my students. I realize I'm not to a majority of them, but sometimes when they send me e-mails being like "I forgot about this!" or "I messed up on this!" I can't help but feel like I'm the nanny running over to them with a damp rag to wipe up their scraped knee. Or that I'm their secretary, constantly reminding them of deadlines. There's that too.

Alrighty, off to heat up my lunch and continue with the grading. However, I will leave you with something AWESOME:


This is what I want my future house to look like, with a few alterations, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahha...

ME: "okay, the bandaid is in the cupboard, go get one and I'll show you how to put it on."

I'm the sort of nanny that calmly uses the situation to teach the kid how to clean up their cut by themselves :)

the little girl I nanny said to me yesterday, "EVERYTHING is a teaching moment to you, isn't it!?!?!?!?!?!" it was very funny.

-isha

Denise Wheeler said...

That is a beautiful house! Where did yoy find it?