Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Junior year, take 2

Dear Professors,

What is the point of saying "well...it's labor day weekend, I can assign extra readings, they have an extra day to do them" if you ALL do that?! I refuse to read 50 pages of small print for Women's history, 4 chapters in a grammar book as well as 60 pages in a writers handbook for political science WHILE reading and analyzing an article to write a paper on 2 days later. I refuse to read 200 pages in freaking Herodotus while reading a 200 page book on Romans and Christians in the 1st century CE. I'm sorry. I don't know where you think I'm going to procure this extra time from to read your ridiculous extra pages. I'm sorry your class is the only one you're focused on, because it's not that way for me. So you can take your 300 pages of extra reading I'm somehow supposed to fit into one day off - that, surprise surprise, I didn't actually have off, thank you Macaroni Grill - and shove it.

Thank you

-A student.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Boo! I hate it when teachers assign extra things when there's a day off! I'm sorry.

Stanley Langford Lloyd said...

Sometimes, you make me do this -> :D and remember how lucky I am to be done with college! Holla!

Blasé said...

my point exactly!