Sunday, December 17, 2006

It sounds like we're having a lot of fun. And we are.

First things first! Tonight was amazing; more fun than I've had in a very very long time. I shall upload a few pictures, and explain why.



Yes, this is a puzzle that's actually a map of the world. It went with our "over the hill" theme...which I think only makes sense to us... But apparently, this puzzle was a royal pain in the tuckus. It took them about a half hour to put it together, and it fit funny, but when it was finished and all drawn over, it was awesome.

Alas, Steven didn't make it into the picture he's holding up - a gift we gave to Darcy as a welcome-hom present - but we figured he had to be included somehow, since he helped us decorate Darcy's room. What would we have done without him? He was the only one tall enough to stick the streamers to the ceiling!


Katelyn being cute. All of us decided this was as super adorable picture, so I put it on. :-D

I'm just such a good friend. I saw this great picture of Mollie and had to put it on so the plethora of attractive single males that read my blog would want to date my friend. I love the girl, what can I say?

Now, this right here was the fruit of our labors. We decorated Darcy's room with balloons and steamers and a banner and gifts and we made her a card. It was - to steal one of Darcy's words - Brilliant.

Katelyn tried to read "The Night Before Christmas" to us, but something happened during the reading that would only occur with choir nerds born and bred at La Grande High School. We burst into the song version and sang a good 3/4 of it with four part harmony while dancing around Darcy's living room.


The picture of us after our breaking and entering Shenanigans. Though technically nothing was broken. Darcy's parents left us a key. Note Steven's clueless expression. I assume it was done on purpose, but with Steven you never really know...;)

Okay, so here's what happened: Darcy finally came home from college. Now, for those that might not know us (I have no idea who that would be, creepy people reading some random blog...) our friends are amazing. It's true. I can officially say I have the coolest friends ever. They're there for me when I need them, and even when I don't need them and I just want them, they're there. I think a quote fits our group pretty durn well; "Happiness is singing together when day is through, and Happiness is those that sing with you."

Over the past two or three days, I've begun to appreciate my friends more. I mean, really appreciate them. Tonight, for the first time in a long time, I was focused almost completely on them and what we were doing. And the result was I laughed more than I have in four or five months.

Oh, and guys? I think I'm going to start a myspace so I can upload ALL the pictures and have you guys see them as well as possibly upload the videos, because who doesn't want to see Mollie and Isha dancing around as cheerleaders?

I have three regrets about tonight: that it ended, that it doesn't happen often enough, and that I didn't catch our singing "Twas the Night" on camera! Gosh darn realizing camera-worthy moments too late!

Toodles everyone!

-Jillian

3 comments:

pev said...

OF COURSE it was done on purpose. gosh.

Beckah said...

Don't start a myspace. That place is evil and will kill you. But on many aspects, I sorry that I missed it. However, if you sang Twas the Night, pretty sure I'm very glad I wasn't there, or I may have killed you all. But that's ok. I love you all and can't wait to see you and have fun and sing and all with you! You're great people and I miss you cause I don't have anyone here who equals the love and acceptance I've felt with you guys. Thanks for being cool, and I'll see you in a couple weeks!

mollie baum said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY for yummy good pictures! ...i have no idea why i said yummy. by the way...you are dead meat for that scary one of me. gish. that was an amazing night. You know, when i was making darcy's card at their table and everyone else was up in her room decorating and singing "jingle bells" very loudly and badly, i think i had an epiphony. maybe sorta. anyways i was just sitting there thinging, "who has friends like me? friends that are there for each other when they come home, friends that are fine to just be there, not in any sort of special way? Friends that have lasted through the first term of college (pretty impressive...), friends that just want to love and give and just get the joy from that?" anyways i was so happy just to sit and listen to you all. I love all of you so so so much. especially you pill.
XOXOXOXOXO,
ms. pants