Friday, January 13, 2012

The City that Runs on Escalators and Coffee...

So far in DC I have:
Been hit in the head with bubble gum
Started a call and response during a parade in the southeast quadrant/ghetto of DC
Fallen down a flight of stairs
Lost my metro card/had my metro card stolen
Wore patriotic beads in a parade
Gotten lost in the Rayburn Building tunnels and, subsequently the Longworth and Cannon tunnels - several times
Cried in the American history museum
Seen a part of the World Trade Centers, part of the Berlin Wall, and the hat Lincoln wore when he was assassinated
Corrected my supervisor on the founding of the United States
Failed at making copies
Sorted through 200 faxes
Visited the Washington and Lincoln monuments
Explored the WWII memorial
Learned the Smithsonian is not, in fact, one museum, but rather several different museums
Visited the White House
Toured the Library of Congress
Tripped several times while walking down the street - on nothing, or sometimes a stray brick.
Worn heels EVERY DAY at work
Eaten at Georgetown Cupcakes; and yes, that is the Georgetown Cupcakes from the TLC show DC Cupcakes
Visited the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Had a wonderful dinner where I was able to socialize with my office
And so much more...
Needless to say it's been a very, very busy 9 days, and I am so excited for the next 13 weeks!
I would like to apologize; my ability to blog is limited by the fact I am working with government and even being lectured by governmental figures. We've been given explicit information that we are not to talk or share what we learn or discuss at our jobs or are lectures.
Alright, I've got to get up in 7 hours, so I'm heading to bed. Keep your eyes peeled on Facebook for some more pictures and updates!
Toodles!
-Jillian

9 comments:

Mrs. Romriell said...

How exciting and life threatening-new sites and sounds and your constant enemy-gravity! Makes for eventful nine days for sure! We should make a visit!

writingbee said...

Written simply and tastefully. It’s pleasant to read. Thank u.

resumewritersworld.com said...

Great post, I enjoyed ready reading it, Keep posting good stuff like this.

kpwriting said...

Wonderful

essay-writing-service.co.uk said...

very original

fastessays said...

Thanks for the great info. I’ll be implementing much of this soon!

academia-research.com said...

Thanks for providing such a great information here.

academia research said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting information.

rety said...

I truly appreciate people like you! online-essay-writer.org Take care!!