Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Awesome Moment of the Day, January 31

So, since I can't necessarily talk about my internship, instead I'm going to share something me and my housemates have begun to call the "Favorite Moment of the Day." Essentially, we share our - you guessed it - favorite moments from the day. This isn't like a good news minute where people try and find something that everyone can ooh and awww over; these are stories that highlight how ridiculous our lives are and show that you can have extraordinary moments in an ordinary life.

For instance:

I tend to butt-dial my parents from time to time. It's completely unintentional (hence butt-dial), and now that I'm three hours ahead of time it's a bit of an issue. This morning I accidentally dialed my dad at 7:30am my time, so 4:30am my parents time. I ended up hanging up and figured my dad would shoot me a text or call me when he woke up around 11 or so my time.

I get to work and, as always turn off my phone. We eventually go on a tour around 3 in the afternoon, and as we leave the Staff Assistant, Meghan, makes sure I have my phone as this was the first time Thomas (the other intern) and I had been let out on our own for a tour. I happily turn the volume up on my phone, hoping I get a call from my office as I have a special ringtone (It's Beyonce's "The Star Spangled Banner.")

As we're bringing the former Oregon Legislator and a former Senate staffer through the little House rotunda, we pass the Speaker's office. As Thomas starts in on a story about some Oregon constituents running into the Speaker, my phone starts going off. But it's not my office. Instead, this song echoes through the House rotunda:


Yup. It's fine. I'm a actually a 14 year old girl.

It was then that my father decided to call. Luckily I managed to silence it pretty quickly and the entire party chose to ignore what happened. But still, it was a pretty awesome moment.

-Jillian

7 comments:

writingbee.com said...

very interesting. as always))

resumewritersworld said...

Lol. It's all very cool

kpwriting.com said...

great) liked everything very much) keep it up and dont stop)

essay-writing-service said...

Thanks for the interesting interview

fastessays.co.uk said...

never thought about it.

academia-research said...

Thanks for the great info. I’ll be implementing much of this soon!

academia-research said...

I would like to see more details about this topic.