Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome to the Mac Shack, please eat our olives!

Today, I would like to dedicate this blog to some of the finer things that are said at my home away from home, Macaroni Grill.

"Let me tell you a little secret about Victoria. I love America. I'm pretty much the most patriotic person I know. When I'm hostessing, I color the floor-chart with red and blue, so then it's red white and blue." - Victoria, Hostess

"Most people don't even know what fascism is. They hear fascism and think 'Oh no! Nazi's!" - Ben, server, whilst discussing Bella Ciao, the fascist march we sing in the restaurant. ...we don't tell anyone it's a fascist war song.

"Juan, is it worse for me to be chewing gum or sucking on a cough drop?"
"Well...I've always liked the word sucking. Just the action itself is more pleasant and it's a fun word. So I'd say chewing gum is worse. Always go with sucking." - Juan, General Manager

"Dude, the guy at that table is seriously a James Bond villain. I went to the table and was like 'where would you like the tomato bruschetta?' and he was all 'I'm going to kill you.' ...okay, he didn't really say that..." - Brad, server runner extraordinaire.

"So I was like 'WTF?'"
"...I can't believe you actually just said that."
"Said what?"
"WTF."
"Oh...welcome to Provo." - Me and the new manager, Katie, from California.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I LOVE quote book entries! And this one is fantastic! I may even give it a shout out on MY blog...